Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Week!

Things went really well our first week back.  I have another amazing group of students this year.  I feel like I say that every year--and every year I remember thinking, "How could I enjoy a group as much as last year's?" but I certainly do.

A little update on how our first day went, with the play dough and Starbuck...great!  The students were really receptive to talking about bullying and sharing ideas on how to prevent it.

These are the rules my students came up with:

1.  Be respectful
a) Act kindly
b) Don’t hurt others’ feelings
c) Wait to speak until you’re called on
d) Treat our classroom and others’ belongings with care

2.  Use appropriate language

3.  Be actively listening when others are speaking

4.  Keep food off of fabrics

5.  No bullying, ever.
I was very impressed with the kids!


The play dough was like Christmas morning.


"We get to keep this?!"

Well worth all the effort.

I received an email from a parent the next day:
"I just had to touch base with you and let you know how excited [T] was yesterday after-school.  The words could not come out of his mouth fast enough as he wanted to explain every detail of the morning.  The skin colored play-dough that changed color was amazing (as we were told!!!!)  Thank you for inspiring my 3rd grader and making the first day so memorable and exciting!  ([T] loves to learn, but he was charged up yesterday!!!!)


I am so appreciative of the parent support I've already seen.


This is going to be a great year--I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment