Monday, August 29, 2011

The Welcome Back Door

Every year this throws me for a loop.  I toss around just sticking the kid's names on the door to going hog wild.  I've been able to reign it in and meet that somewhere in the middle.

This year I came across a blog that had a phrase on it that really resonated with me. "We all may be fish of a different kind but in this school we swim together."

Love it.

So now, what to do?  First off, you should know, I'm not an artistic person.  Sure, I'm creative but I really struggle with getting the ideas in my head onto a canvas.  So here's my plan.




The next step is to add the fish.  I'm borrowing a friend/parent's Cricut cartridge and am going to use some funky prints with these fish:





My apologies--no idea why these photos are not cooperating.  So, they're upside down...sigh.

Last year my door looked like this:






Tomorrow is my official first day back to work.  Luckily it's building-level.  We'll get the chance to chat and reconnect before we dive back into the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment